1.A number of factors are accountable for this situation.
A number of factors might contribute to (lead to )(account for ) the phenomenon(problem).
2. The answer to this problem involves many factors.
3. The phenomenon mainly stems from the fact that...
4. The factors that contribute to this situation include...
5. The change in ...largely results from the fact that...
6. We may blame ...,but the real causes are...
7. Part of the explanations for it is that ...
8.One of the most common factors (causes ) is that ...
9.Another contributing factor (cause ) is ...
10.Perhaps the primary factor is that …
11.But the fundamental cause is that ...
1.The advantage far outweigh the disadvantages.
2.The advantages of A are much greater than those of B.
3.A may be preferable to B, but A suffers from the disadvantages that...
4.It is reasonable to maintain that ...but it would be foolish to claim that...
5.For all the disadvantages, it has its compensating advantages.
6.Like anything else, it has its faults.
7.A and B has several points in common.
8.A bears some resemblances to B.
9.However, the same is not applicable to B.
10. A and B differ in several ways.
11. Evidently, it has both negative and positive effects.
12. People used to think ..., but things are different now.
13. The same is true of B.
14. Wondering as A is ,it has its drawbacks.
15. It is true that A ... , but the chief faults (obvious defects )are ...
1)It is true that ..., but one vital point is being left out.
2) There is a grain of truth in these statements, but they ignore a more important fact.
3) Some people say ..., but it does not hold water.
4) Many of us have been under the illusion that...
5) A close examination would reveal how ridiculous the statement is.
6) It makes no sense to argue for ...
7) Too much stress placed on ... may lead to ...
8) Such a statement mainly rests on the assumption that ...
9) Contrary to what is widely accepted, I maintain that ...
1. It may give rise to a host of problems.
2. The immediate result it produces is ...
3. It will exercise a profound influence upon...
4. Its consequence can be so great that...
1) A good case in point is ...
2) As an illustration, we may take ...
3) Such examples might be given easily.
4) ...is often cited as an example.
1) No one can deny the fact that ...
2) The idea is hardly supported by facts.
3) Unfortunately, none of the available data shows ...
4) Recent studies indicate that ...
5) There is sufficient evidence to show that ...
6) According to statistics proved by ..., it can be seen that ...
1) Many nations have been faced with the problem of ...
2) Recently the problem has been brought into focus.
3) Recently the phenomenon has become a heated topic.
4) Recently the issue has aroused great concern among ...
5) Nowadays there is a growing concern over ...
6) Never in our history has the idea that ... been so popular.
7) Faced with ..., quite a few people argue that ...
8) According to a recent survey, ...
9) With the rapid development of ..., ...
1) From what has been discussed above, we can draw the conclusion that ...
2) It is high time that strict measures were taken to stop ...
3) It is necessary that steps should be taken to ...
4) In conclusion, it is imperative that ...
5) There is no easy method, but ...might be of some help.
6) To solve the above-mentioned problem, we must ...
7) In summary, if we continue to ignore the above-mentioned issue, more problems will crop up.
8) With the efforts of all parts concerned, the problem will be solved thoroughly.
9) We might do more than identify the cause ; it is important to take actions to ...
10) Taking all these into account, we ...
11) Whether it is good or not /positive or negative, one thing is certain/clear...
Be getting on well with one’s study某人的学习越来越好
take several courses at school在学校学若干门课程
have English (Chinese, Physics…) every (other )day work hard at …
put one’s heart into…专心于;致力于
be interested in …
be fond of
like chemistry best
be good at …; be poor at …; do well in …; be weak in …
make progress in …; fail in …’ be tired of …’
pass the examination; give sb. a passing grade;
major in history 主修历史
He has the best record in school. 他的成绩最棒。
get a doctor’s degree 获得博士学位
be more interesting to sb.
learn about; succeed in…; be active in class (work);
take an active part in …; learn… by heart;
work out a (maths) problem; improve oneself in …;
get 90 marks for (English); get an “A” in the exam;
have a good command of…
lay a good foundation in (language study)
get on well with sb; like to be with students;
be gentle with us; be kind to sb;
be a strict teacher; be strict with one’s pupils;
be strict in work
We think of him (her) as …; help sb with sth;
praise sb for sth …; blame sb for sth..
give advice on …; question sb on …
be satisfied with …
correct the students’ homework carefully and prepare for the next day; give sb a lot of work;
try to teach sb good study habits; make one’s lessons lively and interesting; teach sb. sth.;
teach sb to do sth.
devote all one’s time to work;
admire (sb.for) his devotion to the cause of education
spend one’s time in many different ways;
enjoy doing things by oneself; go swimming;
go for an outing; have an outing at (the seashore);
see the sights of Beijing; play the piano (violin);
play chess (basketball); have a swim;
have dances on weekends; have a picnic over the weekend;
go to the cinema; have a party; hold a sports meeting;
do some reading; help sb do sth; enjoy a family trip;
get everything ready for;
ride one’s bike with sb.to(the park);
There are a lot of activities at (the beach).
We enjoy a change from our busy life in the city.
She would like to bring sth. to the picnic.
It was a very relaxing Sunday.
There are good programmes on TV on weekends.
take a message for sb; send a message to sb;
hear from sb; talk about/of sth; tell sb to do sth;
get information about…;
express one’s idea (feelings) in English用英语表达一个人的思想（感情）;
Write sb a letter saying…给某人写信说... ， apologize to sb for…
thank you for …; make a speech t at the meeting;
explain sth to s; look upon sb as …; think sb to be …;
take sb’s side
would like to do; allow sb to do;
keep sb from doing (prevent sb. from doing);
call on sb to do; be afraid to do (be afraid of …)；
fee like doing; insist on doing; drive sb. off;
speak highly of sb; speak ill of sb; think highly of sb;
force sb to do; offer to do; refuse to do; agree to do;
prefer to do A rather than do B; had better do;
would rather (not) do.
have the habit of doing…; have no trouble doing;
make up one’s mind to do;
prepare sb for …; give up doing…; do sth as usual;
do what he wants us to do; set about doing;
try one’s best to do…=go all out to do;
get into trouble; help sb out; do one’s bit for New China;
wait for sb to do; find a way to do; make friends with sb;
show (tell) sb. how to do…; take (send) sb to …;
I’m trying to find…;
I’m afraid we are out of …;
pass the time doing; feel a little excited about doing…;
can’t help doing…; do some good deeds to people;
be prepared for more hard work;
Some are doing A, others are doing B, and still others are doing C.
look around for …; look up (down) at …; catch sight of …;
take a look at …; hear sb do (doing); take notice of …;
take view of …; have a good understanding of …;
consider sb (sth) to be …; come to know…;
realize that …; know that +从句
be pleased with …; be delighted in doing…;
take a pleasure in doing; be worried about;
feel surprised at …
be sorry for …; be angry with sb for sth;
be angry about …(为某事生气)；
look forward to doing…; wish to do; expect to do;
long for (long to do); be sick for one’s home;
have a strong desire to do …;
be in good shape; be in good (poor )health;
feel weak (well, terrible, sick); have got a high (slight ) fever;
have a slight (bad) cold; take one’s temperature;
have got a pain in …; be good (bad) for one’s health(eyes);
It’s nothing serious. stay in bed until…; save one’s life
It (take)sb. some time to do…; It is said that …;
be fit for; be short of; be well dressed;
miss the lecture (train); change…into…;
waste time doing; spend time doing; be busy doing;
have no choice but to do; I can’t help it. be in need of…;
be mistaken about …; fall behind…; catch up with;
on behalf of; instead of; be welcome to do…;
Running, biking and swimming are popular in summer.
Skiing and skating are my favorite winter sports.