85. never too old to learn 活到老学到老
I have just received a letter from my old school, informing me that my former headmaster, Mr. Stuart Page, will be retiring next week.
Pupils of the school, old and new, will be sending him a present to mark the occasion.
All those who have contributed towards the gift will sign their names in a large album which will be sent to the headmaster's home.
We shall all remember Mr. Page for his patience and understanding and for the kindly encouragement he gave us when we went so unwillingly to school.
A great many former pupils will be attending a farewell dinner in his honour next Thursday.
It is a curious coincidence that the day before his retirement, Mr. Page will have been teaching for a total of forty years.
After he has retired, he will devote himself to gardening.
For him, this will be an entirely new hobby.
But this does not matter, for, as he has often remarked, one is never too old to learn.
lesson 48 did you want to tell me something
the dentist in the story had pulled out one of the writer’s teeth and had told him to rest for a while. he asked several questions but the writer couldn’t answer them. his mouth was full of cotton wool. he suddenly discovered something wrong but he couldn’t say anything. the dentist eventually removed the cotton wool from his mouth and the writer told him he had pulled out the wrong tooth.(72 words)
about pay and working conditions 修饰the general agreement
The busmen have stated that the strike will continue until the general agreement about pay and working conditions is reached. 完全确我新概念英语教app看解释句句比较歧义部until引导间状语句句谓语词短写刚才容易重脚轻所修饰语与修饰语隔
1. Now that my former headmaster, Mr. Page, is retiring, pupils of the school will be sending him a gift and an album with the signatures of all those who have contributed.
2. Many former pupils will be attending a farewell dinner in his honour.
3. After having completed forty years as a teacher, Mr. Page will devote himself to gardening, which will be a new hobby for him, but one is never too old to learn.
1. After twenty-eight years as headmaster, Mr. Page is retiring.
2. Pupils of the school will not only be sending him a gift, but also an album with their signatures.
3. Many former pupils will be attending a farewell dinner in honour of a man who has completed forty years as a teacher.
4. Now he will devote himself to gardening.
5. Though it will be a new hobby for him, this does not matter because one is never too old to learn.
Hello,everyone.I am so glad to stand here.First of all,I will introduce myself.My name is...,I am...years old this year.I have many hobbies,such as:reading.dancing.writing and so on.Also I like English very much.I think English is very useful for us,because many many people in the world can speak English,if I learn it well,I can talk with them and make friends with them.Besides these,I also like doing some exercises.Doing exercises can make us healthier.Health is so important for us,we can not doing anything without a good health.So,we can do exercises togher in the future.I also like help others,when you are in trouble,I will do anything that I can.Of course,I hope you my classmates can help me too.At the last,I wish we can become good friends and everybody can get a good result at the end !