.The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well。
2.Time does not water down the wine of friendship,
Distance does not separate our hands of longing.
Think of life as a game in which you are playing with five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and you keep all of them in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back.
But the other four balls, family, health, friends and spirit, are made of glasses. If you drop one of these, they will be broken. They will never be the same. You must understand that and try to have balance in your life. How?
Don’t look down on your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different and each of us is special.
Don’t let other people set goals for you. Only you know what is best for yourself.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. （只要你还能做一丝一毫的努力就不要放弃，因为只有当你放弃努力之时成功才放弃了你）
Don’t be afraid to fight difficulties. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible. The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going.
Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless. It’s a treasure you can always carry easily.
Don’t use time or words carelessly. You can’t get them back.
Life is not a competition, but a trip, step by step.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift: that’s why we call it “the present”.
51. 对这一问题持有不同态度 hold different attitudes towards this issue
52. 支持前 / 后种观点的人 people / those in favor of the former / latter opinion
53. 有 / 提供如下理由/ 证据 have / provide the following reasons / evidence
54. 在一定程度上 to some extent / degree / in some way
55. 理论和实践相结合 integrate theory with practice
56. …必然趋势 an irresistible trend of…
57. 日益激烈的社会竞争 the increasingly fierce social competition
58. 眼前利益 immediate interest / short-term interest
59. 长远利益. interest in the long run
60. …有其自身的优缺点 … has its merits and demerits / advantages and disadvantages
61. 扬长避短 Exploit to the full one’s favorable conditions and avoid unfavorable ones
62. 取其精髓，取其糟粕 Take the essence and discard the dregs。
63. 对…有害 do harm to / be harmful to / be detrimental to
64. 交流思想 / 情感 / 信息 exchange ideas / emotions / information
65. 跟上…的最新发展 keep pace with / catch up with/ keep abreast with the latest development of …
66. 采取有效措施来… take effective measures to do sth。
67. …的健康发展 the healthy development of …
68. 有利有弊 Every coin has its two sides. No garden without weeds。
69. 对…观点因人而异 Views on …vary from person to person。
70. 重视 attach great importance to…
71. 社会地位 social status
72. 把时间和精力放在…上 focus time and energy on…
73. 扩大知识面 expand one’s scope of knowledge
74. 身心两方面 both physically and mentally
75. 有直接 /间接关系 be directly / indirectly related to…
76. 提出折中提议 set forth a compromise proposal
77. 可以取代 “think”的词 believe, claim, maintain, argue, insist, hold the opinion / belief that
78. 缓解压力 / 减轻负担 relieve stress / burden
79. 优先考虑 / 发展… give (top) priority to sth
80. 与…比较 compared with… / in comparison with
81. 相反 in contrast / on the contrary。
82. 代替 replace / substitute / take the place of
83. 经不起推敲 cannot bear closer analysis / cannot hold water
84. 提供就业机会 offer job opportunities
85. 社会进步的反映 mirror of social progress
86. 毫无疑问 Undoubtedly, / There is no doubt that…
87. 增进相互了解 enhance / promote mutual understanding
88. 充分利用 make full use of / take advantage of
89. 承受更大的工作压力 suffer from heavier work pressure
90. 保障社会的稳定和繁荣 guarantee the stability and prosperity of our society
91. 更多地强调 put more emphasis on…
92. 适应社会发展 adapt oneself to the development of society
93. 实现梦想 realize one’s dream / make one’s dream come true
94. 主要理由列举如下 The main reasons are listed as follows:
95. 首先 First， Firstly， In the first place, To begin with
96. 其次 Second, Secondly, In the second place
97. 再次 Besides，In addition, Additionally, Moreover, Furthermore
98. 最后 Finally, Last but not the least, Above all, Lastly,
99. 总而言之 All in all, To sum up, In summary, In a word,
100. 我们还有很长的路要走 We still have a long way to go。
Genius only means hard-working all one's life .( Mendeleyer , Russian Chemist)
天才只意味着终身不懈的努力。 (俄国化学家 门捷列耶夫)
I have nothing to offer but blood , toil tears and sweat . (Winston Churchill, British Politician)
我所能奉献的没有其它，只有热血、辛劳、眼泪与汗水。(英国政治家 丘吉尔 . W.)
Man errs so long as he strives. (Johan Wolfgang Goethe , German poet and dramatist)
人只要奋斗就会犯错误。 (德国诗人、剧作家 歌德. J. W.)
My fellow Americans , ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country . My fellow citizens of the world ; ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man . (John Kennedy , American President )
美国同胞们，不要问国家能为你们做些什么，而要问你们能为国家做些什么。全世界的公民们，不要问美国将为你们做些什么，而要问我们共同能为人类的自由做些什么。 (美国总统 肯尼迪. J.)
Our destiny offers not the cup of despair , but the chalice of opportunity . (Richard Nixon, American President )
命运给予我们的不是失望之酒，而是机会之杯。(美国总统 尼克松 . R.)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet . (Jean Jacques Rousseau , French thinker)
忍耐是痛苦的，但它的果实是甜蜜的。 (法国思想家 卢梭. J. J.)
Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow .
(Emerson, American thinker )
进步是今天的活动、明天的保证。 (美国思想家 家默生)
The world can be changed by man's endeavor, and that this endeavor can lead to something new and better .No man can sever the bonds that unite him to his society simply by averting his eyes . He must ever be receptive and sensitive to the new ; and have sufficient courage and skill to novel facts and to deal with them . (Franklin Roosevelt , American President )
人经过努力可以改变世界，这种努力可以使人类达到新的、更美好的境界。没有人仅凭闭目、不看社会现实就能割断自己与社会的联系。他必须敏感，随时准备接受新鲜事物；他必须有勇气与能力去面对新的事实，解决新问题。(美国总统 罗斯福建. F.)
There is no royal road to science ,and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of gaining its numinous summits . (Karl Marx, German revolutionary )
在科学上没有平坦的大道，只有不畏劳苦沿着其崎岖之路攀登的人，才有希望达到它光辉的顶点。( 德国革命家 马克思. K .)
The man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible ".
(Bonaparte Napoleon ,French emperor )
凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能的”。( 法国皇帝 拿破仑. B.)
To do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest bastion of freedom .(Ronald Reagan , American President )
为了保住这最后的、最伟大的自由堡垒，我们必须尽我们所能。(美国总统 里根. R.)
We cannot always build the future for our youth , but we can build our youth for the future . (Franklin Roosevelt , American president )
我们不能总是为我们的青年造就美好未来，但我们能够为未来造就我们的青年一代。 (美国总统 罗斯福. F.)
Where there is a will , there is a way .( Thomas Edison , American inventor )
有志者，事竟成。 (美国发明家 爱迪生. T.)
The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night--it is great.
Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.
There little thoughts are the rustle of leaves; they have their
whisper of joy in my mind.
What you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow.
We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storms,
but who are you so silent?"
I am a mere flower.
The bird wishes it were a cloud.
The cloud wishes it were a bird.
The waterfall sing, "I find my song, when I find my freedom."
The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy,
the bird in the air is singing.
But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and
the music of the air.
The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making
the music of sadness.
He has made his weapons his gods.
When his weapons win he is defeated himself.
God finds himself by creating.
Shadow, with her veil drawn, follows Light in secret meekness,
with her silent steps of love.
Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.
In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled
with mist and rain.
The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and bring out
surprises of beauty.
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.
The grass seeks her crowd in the earth.
The tree seeks his solitude of the sky.
Man barricades against himself.
Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound
of the sea among these listening pines.
What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her
How far are you from me, O Fruit?
I am hidden in your heart, O Flower.
The mist is like the earth's desire.
It hides the sun for whom she cries.
Be still, my heart, these great trees are prayers.
The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the Eternal.
I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love
and death and are forgotten, and I feel the freedom of passing away.
The music of the far-away summer flutters around the Autumn seeking
its former nest.
Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles
Man goes into the noisy crowed to drown his own clamour of silence.
The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.
Dear friend, I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a
deepening eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.
Leisure in its activity is work.
The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.
The leaf becomes flower when it loves.
The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches
This rainy evening the wind is restless.
I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of
Storm of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark,
has begun to play and shout.
I am ashamed of my emptiness, said the Word to the Work.
I know how poor I am when I see you, said the Work to the Word.
Time is the wealth of change, but the clock in its parody makes
it mere change and no wealth.
Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.
In fiction she moves with ease.
One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night, ---I loved you.
My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings
with the touch of this sunlight; my life is glad to be floating with
all things into the blue of space, into the dark of time.
Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.
The Great walks with the Small without fear.
The Middling keeps aloof.
Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of lucks in the sky.
I hear the voice of their wings.
The clouds fill the watercups of the river, hiding themselves in
the distant hills.
thou hast encircled the world s heart with the depth of thy
tears as the sea has the earth.
My flower of the day dropped its petals forgotten.
In the evening it ripens into a golden fruit of memory.
I am like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its
memories in silence.
The evening sky to me is like a window, and a lighted lamp,
and a waiting behind it.
Sit still, my heart, do not raise your dust.
Let the world find its way to you
I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fulness in the field
of ripened rice.
The cricket's chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark,
like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.
The song feels the infinite in the air, the picture in the earth,
the poem in the air and the earth;
For its words have meaning that walks and music that soars.
Let my doing nothing when I have nothing to do become untroubled in its
depth of peace like the evening in the seashore when the water is silent.
My evening came among the alien trees and spoke in a language
which my morning stars did not know.
Night's darkness is a bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn.
Our desire lends the colours of the rainbow to the mere mists
and vapours of life.
God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.
My sad thoughts tease me asking me their own names.
The service of the fruit is precious, the service of the flower is
sweet, but let my service be the service of the leaves in its shade of
My heart has spread its sails to the idle winds for the shadowy
island of Anywhere